Become an expert in creating real-world Rich Internet Applications using the varied components of jQuery UI
About This Book
- Create useful mashups by plugging together different components along with APIs
- Design your own widgets like captchas, a color picker, news reader, puzzles, and many others
- Take your jQuery UI skills to next level by exploring the ins and outs and nuances of jQuery UI components
Who This Book Is For
If you are a frontend developer with considerable knowledge of jQuery UI and want to take this expertise to the next level, then this book is for you.
What You Will Learn
- Create mashups using APIs of popular websites such as Reddit and Google Maps
- Integrate AJAX with different components
- Create projects that solve real-world problems and are not theoretical
- Discover the best usage of components in a given situation
- Use effects to make the UI more interactive
- Use JSONP to make cross-origin AJAX requests
- Get to grips with best practices to use while developing with jQuery UI
Mastering jQuery UI will help you explore the depths of the jQuery UI library. Right from the first chapter, you will build your own projects while learning the intricacies of the library. Each chapter explores a new topic and covers some related components. By gaining confidence from the initial chapters you will proceed ahead to create complex applications like the Tabbed News reader utilizing the AJAX and Reddit APIs. As a bonus, you will also learn about the best and most proven practices earned through years of diligent work on the jQuery UI platform.
Each chapter is an independent mini project in itself covering different components from jQuery UI. You won't have to wait long to actually build something functional.