Get your mission-critical databases up and running quickly with this essential, single-volume guide. This comprehensive administrator’s reference details features and capabilities of SQL Server 2005—including how to implement business intelligence applications. It delivers the easy-to-follow procedures, practical workarounds, and key troubleshooting tactics you need for on-the-job-results.
Discover how to:
- Perform an installation or upgrade, and configure it on the network
- Plan and configure the I/O subsystem and model system capacity
- Create and maintain databases, tables, views, and indexes
- Administer transactions, deadlocks, and isolation levels
- Manage users with logins, user IDs, schemas, permissions, and roles
- Implement failover clustering, log shipping, and database mirroring for high availability
- Manage and tune snapshot, transactional, and merge replication
- Administer SQL Server Analysis Services and Reporting Services
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and fine-tune performance
Includes a CD with a fully searchable eBook.
A Note Regarding the CD or DVD
The print version of this book ships with a CD or DVD. For those customers purchasing one of the digital formats in which this book is available, we are pleased to offer the CD/DVD content as a free download via O'Reilly Media's Digital Distribution services. To download this content, please visit O'Reilly's web site, search for the title of this book to find its catalog page, and click on the link below the cover image (Examples, Companion Content, or Practice Files). Note that while we provide as much of the media content as we are able via free download, we are sometimes limited by licensing restrictions. Please direct any questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.