Thoroughly updated to reflect the CompTIA Network+ N10-006 exam, Networking Essentials, Fourth Edition is a practical, up-to-date, and hands-on guide to the basics of networking. Written from the viewpoint of a working network administrator, it requires absolutely no experience with either network concepts or day-to-day network management.
Networking Essentials, Fourth Edition guides readers from an entry-level knowledge in computer networks to advanced concepts in Ethernet and TCP/IP networks; routing protocols and router configuration; local, campus, and wide area network configuration; network security; wireless networking; optical networks; Voice over IP; the network server; and Linux networking. This new edition includes expanded coverage of mobile and cellular communications; configuring static routing with RIPv2, OSPF, EIGRP, and IS-IS; physical security, access control, and biometric access control; cloud computing and virtualization; and codes and standards.
Clear goals are outlined for each chapter, and every concept is introduced in easy to understand language that explains how and why networking technologies are used. Each chapter is packed with real-world examples and practical exercises that reinforce all concepts and guide you through using them to configure, analyze, and fix networks.
Key Pedagogical Features
- NET-CHALLENGE SIMULATION SOFTWARE provides hands-on experience with entering router and switch commands, setting up functions, and configuring interfaces and protocols
- WIRESHARK NETWORK PROTOCOL ANALYZER presents techniques and examples of data traffic analysis throughout
- PROVEN TOOLS FOR MORE EFFECTIVE LEARNING AND NETWORK+ PREP, including chapter outlines, summaries, and Network+ objectives
- WORKING EXAMPLES IN EVERY CHAPTER to reinforce key concepts and promote mastery
- KEY TERM DEFINITIONS, LISTINGS, AND EXTENSIVE GLOSSARY to help you master the language of networking
- QUESTIONS, PROBLEMS, AND CRITICAL THINKING QUESTIONS to help you deepen your understanding
CD-ROM includes Net-Challenge Simulation Software, including seven hands-on labs and the Wireshark Network Protocol Analyzer Software examples.
Shelving Category: Networking
Covers: CompTIA Network+