- Understand the differences between procedural and functional programming
- Learn the features of Haskell, and how to use it to develop useful programs
- Interact with filesystems, databases, and network services
- Write solid code with automated tests, code coverage, and error handling
- Harness the power of multicore systems via concurrent and parallel programming
You'll find plenty of hands-on exercises, along with examples of real Haskell programs that you can modify, compile, and run. Whether or not you've used a functional language before, if you want to understand why Haskell is coming into its own as a practical language in so many major organizations, Real World Haskell is the best place to start.