A practical, comprehensive, and user-friendly approach to building microservices in Spring
About This Book
- Update existing applications to integrate reactive streams released as a part of Spring 5.0
- Learn how to use Docker and Mesos to push the boundaries and build successful microservices
- Upgrade the capability model to implement scalable microservices
Who This Book Is For
This book is ideal for Spring developers who want to build cloud-ready, Internet-scale applications, and simple RESTful services to meet modern business demands.
What You Will Learn
- Familiarize yourself with the microservices architecture and its benefits
- Find out how to avoid common challenges and pitfalls while developing microservices
- Use Spring Boot and Spring Cloud to develop microservices
- Handle logging and monitoring microservices
- Leverage Reactive Programming in Spring 5.0 to build modern cloud native applications
- Manage internet-scale microservices using Docker, Mesos, and Marathon
- Gain insights into the latest inclusion of Reactive Streams in Spring and make applications more resilient and scalable
The Spring Framework is an application framework and inversion of the control container for the Java platform. The framework’s core features can be used by any Java application, but there are extensions to build web applications on top of the Java EE platform.
This book will help you implement the microservice architecture in Spring Framework, Spring Boot, and Spring Cloud. Written to the latest specifications of Spring that focuses on Reactive Programming, you’ll be able to build modern, internet-scale Java applications in no time. The book starts off with guidelines to implement responsive microservices at scale. Next, you will understand how Spring Boot is used to deploy serverless autonomous services by removing the need to have a heavyweight application server.
Later, you’ll learn how to go further by deploying your microservices to Docker and managing them with Mesos. By the end of the book, you will have gained more clarity on the implementation of microservices using Spring Framework and will be able to use them in internet-scale deployments through real-world examples.
Style and approach
The book takes a step-by-step approach on developing microservices using Spring Framework, Spring Boot, and a set of Spring Cloud components that will help you scale your applications.