In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, Sams Teach Yourself Mod Development for Minecraft in 24 Hours will help you transform Minecraft into anything you can imagine–and share your vision with millions of players worldwide! You’ll learn all the mod development skills you need as you walk through a complete step-by-step project, complete with a mob, new tools, new armor, food, ores, and much more. Every lesson builds on what you’ve already learned, giving you a rock-solid foundation for building any mod and creating any world!
Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common Minecraft mod development tasks.
Quizzes and exercises at the end of each chapter help you test your knowledge.
Notes present interesting information related to the discussion.
Tips offer advice or show you easier ways to perform tasks.
Cautions alert you to possible problems and give you advice on how to avoid them.
Minecraft is a registered trademark of Mojang Synergies / Notch Development AB. This book is not affiliated with or sponsored by Mojang Synergies / Notch Development AB.
Learn how to...
- Set up the environment where you’ll write your mod for Minecraft 1.8
- Create the basics for your mod with the Forge API
- Establish a framework that makes it easier to build complex mods
- Work with recipes and other small modifications
- Create multiple recipes, items, blocks, and entities at once
- Cook up food items that heal your players
- Make custom pickaxes, shovels, and completely original tools
- Use Tile Entities to create complex and unique mods
- Create interesting custom armor for players
- Generate entire worlds, including ores and plants
- Design and generate new structures with MCEdit
- Understand Entities and create Entity Models with Techne
- Code mobs with a custom Entity Model
- Manufacture Throwables
- Edit Minecraft functionality without breaking other mods
- Structure, package, and release your mod
- Master Java programming techniques you can use far beyond Minecraft
On the Web:
Register your book at informit.com/title/9780672337635 for access to all code examples and resources from this book, as well as updates and corrections as they become available.